Apr 3, 2015

Camtasia Tip #6

Changing the Production Default Checkboxes

See all the Camtasia Tips

  imageTechSmith’s decision to not give us preference setting control over various facets of the production steps strikes me as rather very user-unfriendly but there are hidden workarounds.  My old nemesis, a default check on the organize produced files into sub-folders, resurfaced the other day after I uninstalled 8.5 and went back to the more stable 8.4 release. Unfortunately, some of my default settings were forgotten, especially on the dialog shown at the left. I never documented the fix so I had to rediscover it.

Get cooking with Qt! The trilogy of courses on the Qt framework is complete. Check out the latest course: Integrating Qt Quick with C++ image_thumb1

imageYou have to do a custom production settings run again. When you get the last page, check or uncheck all the options the way you want. I then proceeded to generate the final file but as soon as it started I canceled it. Then I went back to using my Pluralsight HD preset and the Organize produced files into sub-folders was no longer checked.

If you have other problems with this dialog you might want to see my Camtasia Tip 2 post.

 

The full list of Camtasia tips.

About Me

My photo
Tod Gentille (@todgentille) is now a Curriculum Director for Pluralsight. He's been programming professionally since well before you were born and was a software consultant for most of his career. He's also a father, husband, drummer, and windsurfer. He wants to be a guitar player but he just hasn't got the chops for it.