- Stop declaring variables close to their first use
- Stop using “use strict” at the file level (you are using “use strict” right?)
- Avoid using Block Brace layout ( it’s more than a formatting decision)
- Avoid using the ++ or -- operators (both the pre and post forms)
- Avoid using the continue statement
If you disagree with, or don’t understand, any of these 5 recommendations, then you might want to watch the video. You might not agree after watching, but at least you’ll be making a fully informed decision.
If you like it, you might want to check out my Eclipse Guided Tour course. This course requires that you have a Pluralsight subscription, you can get a free trial (10 days or 200 minutes whichever comes first) directly on the Pluralsight site.