Mar 23, 2011

Eclipse and Automatic Close Brackets

Sometimes editors are too smart for me.  For a while I kept thinking I was somehow being finger clumsy when I go to use a stream operator like:

cout <<"Send this out">

I would always end up with

cout <<>

I would quickly type delete and move on. Today I finally realized it wasn't me and that it must be some auto completion feature. A quick visit to the preferences turned up the culprit. Since I use stream operators a LOT more than I use template brackets, I decided that unchecking the checkbox might be a beneficial thing.

image

About Me

My photo
Tod Gentille (@todgentille) is now a Curriculum Director for Pluralsight. He's been programming professionally since well before you were born and was a software consultant for most of his career. He's also a father, husband, drummer, and windsurfer. He wants to be a guitar player but he just hasn't got the chops for it.