Mar 1, 2011

Eclipse: Adding a User Dictionary for CDT/C++

SNAGHTMLfee9ea2Sometimes the simplest things are elusive. Whenever I go to add a word to a user dictionary from inside a C++ source code file it doesn't work. I get a warning that I have to specify a user dictionary. The warning dialog has an option that opens the correct preference setting for me, but putting  a user dictionary in the path doesn't help. It turns out you have to select the C/C++ Engine from the popup at the top first. Then when you select the user dictionary path it will start using it. I believe the file only needs to be a plain old text file.

SNAGHTMLff8065a

About Me

My photo
Tod Gentille (@todgentille) is now a Curriculum Director for Pluralsight. He's been programming professionally since well before you were born and was a software consultant for most of his career. He's also a father, husband, drummer, and windsurfer. He wants to be a guitar player but he just hasn't got the chops for it.