Sep 8, 2010

Using Snagit With Multiple Microphones

I don’t particularly like using my laptop’s built-in microphone for doing screencasts. It picks up too much ambient noise. Since, I have a high-quality USB microphone and a headset I often want to use those instead. SnagIt has an option to use the default microphone but even that can be problematic. Luckily it also turns out that the profiles you create for recording can capture your specific microphone settings. That only leaves the problem of figuring out how to set the microphone. I have forgotten how to do this multiple times so I’m making this screencast to jog my memory. Is it just me or is the “Output” section a strange place to hide the microphone you want to use for audio input?

 

About Me

My photo
Tod Gentille (@todgentille) is now a Curriculum Director for Pluralsight. He's been programming professionally since well before you were born and was a software consultant for most of his career. He's also a father, husband, drummer, and windsurfer. He wants to be a guitar player but he just hasn't got the chops for it.