Nov 3, 2009

Removing the Navigation Bars in the C# Editor

imageI saw a post by Scott Guthrie that talked about removing the navigation bars at the top of the HTML Editor. I don’t do much HTML coding in VS but I don’t use these bars when I code in C# either (I find ReSharper’s File Structure window a much more efficient way to navigate) and the process for eliminating them is pretty much the same.  Use the Tools->Options menu

 image

When you’re done you have a nice clean editor window without drop down navigation bars. Of course in the age of 32” monitors you might not care but on my laptop I like getting back every pixel I can.

image

About Me

My photo
Tod Gentille (@todgentille) is now a Curriculum Director for Pluralsight. He's been programming professionally since well before you were born and was a software consultant for most of his career. He's also a father, husband, drummer, and windsurfer. He wants to be a guitar player but he just hasn't got the chops for it.