Oct 27, 2009

Live Sync Screencast Tutorial

I made a screencast showing how to install and use the Live Sync program from Microsoft. I think this program is one of Microsoft’s best kept secrets. Anyone that owns more than one computer should probably be using this (that includes one Mac and one PC).

I cover:

  • Installing Live Sync
  • Using personal folders
  • Using shared folders
  • Turning on Encryption
  • Start Live Sync when you log in.
  • The Activity dialog.
  • and a few other things…

I usually put my screencasts up on screencast.com but I decided to create a new YouTube account (my existing account is for drum lesson videos) and post it there. I was surprised how readable it is in the normal quality but if you have a fast connection it definitely benefits from enabling the HQ feature.

About Me

My photo
Tod Gentille (@todgentille) is now a Curriculum Director for Pluralsight. He's been programming professionally since well before you were born and was a software consultant for most of his career. He's also a father, husband, drummer, and windsurfer. He wants to be a guitar player but he just hasn't got the chops for it.